Condition of Transition to Archive Account (Inactive Account) for MT5 Accounts
The following conditions apply for an account to be transitioned to an archive account:
- No deposits have been made to the account within 90 days after the account was opened.
- No trading activity has occurred on the account for 90 days after the settlement date of the last trade.
*Please note that rebate accounts are exempt from the above conditions.
*You can open MT5 accounts up to two. If you wish to open a third MT5 account, we will transition the oldest account to an archive account.
Before Transitioning to Archive Account
Customers who have above MT5 accounts will receive advance notification via email one week before the transition to an archive account occurs.
If you make a deposit or start trading within one week of receiving the email, your account will not be transitioned to an archive account, and you can continue to use it as a live account.
After Transitioning to Archive Account
- The account type on your Client Office will display “Archive”.
- If you have funds in the archive account, you can still make withdrawals and transfer funds between accounts through the Client Office as usual.
- If you wish to restore your archive account to a live account, please contact customer support. We will assist you in transitioning your archive account back to a live account.
- Both live and archive accounts do not incur account maintenance fees.
- You can continue to use your MYFX Markets account(Client Office) as usual, without the need to create a new account if you decide to restore your MT5 archive account.
If you have any questions or require any assistance, please feel free to contact us from below.